Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Like I said< No one wants to hear about pedophilia

Apparently, not even Sister Mary Catherine.

I looked up my abuser's name on the internet. (I will not say that I "googled" him, because the thought results in dry heaves.
My abuser is a very important man.
He lives in Portland. He owns a business. His pals are mayors and governors.
He is well-to-do.
He serves on commissions.
He donates his money and time to civic good works.

He is the salt of the earth.
He is a pedophile.
He is a predator.

He is an important donor and volunteer with the Franciscan Academy of Very Young and Innocent  Children. (Not the school's real name .....maybe later.)

I sent the academy an email.  I named this man,talked of my reason for knowing he is a predator, and begged them to keep him away from children.
They said that Sister Mary Catherine would contact me by phone,on that very day,after 5pm.

What a relief. They HEARD me!


But, Lord! I was nervous.
I was an 8 year old girl, waiting to talk about exactly how and when, and where I'd been touched by a bad man. I'm still 8 years old.
Though I was alone, at home, I spiked my hair, I wore rattlesnake rattles, and studs, and spikes, and bones, and black, black, black...........Not for Sister Mary Catherine, but for myself, to remind myself that I am NOT any longer, a pliant 8 year old..
I
am
anger!

The nun never called.
I went to bed wearing snakes and spikes.

Maybe she was very very busy interviewing children and parents about contact with that guy.

Or maybe, like said in last blog post, NO ONE wants to hear about pedophilia.

He is a big donor to the school. Perhaps they rely on that income.

It continues.
Protect your children.
Teach them to protect themselves.


1 comment: